Matthew 4:4 “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”
The study of God’s word is very important to us. As Catholics we should never be afraid to read and study any book of the Bible, for it was the Catholic Church who compiled the very canon of Scripture, and only the Catholic Church can claim continuity of faith with the very same followers of God who wrote the books of the Bible. You are also welcome to be a part of one of our Scripture studies. For more information, please contact Norm Hayden.
Are you an intentional disciple of Jesus Christ? Is the Bible relevant in our lives today? How much time do we spend with Jesus? What is the Catechism of the Catholic Church? If you have questions about your Catholic faith, then show up and ask them.
This year long, open group will meet from 6 to 7 PM on Thursdays, with an opportunity for adults and teenagers (with their parent/ guardian) to ask questions about their Catholic faith. We won't go into personal stories, but will start with the Gospel readings for the upcoming week and discuss topics on marriage, abortion, immigration, and anything else. We will meet in the St. John Bosco room inside the Parish Hall. All you need is your Bible and a Catechism of the Catholic Church, and we will run this program indefinitely. If you don't have a Bible/ Catechism, then we have one you can borrow.
Join us on the Thursdays below:
Thursday, January 3, Matthew 2:1-12; CCC 486
Thursday, January 10, Luke 3:15-22; CCC 608, 2600
Thursday, January 17, John 2: 1-11; CCC 1613
Thursday, January 24, Luke 4:14-21; CCC 436, 695
Thursday, January 31, Luke 2:22-32; CCC 529
Thursday, February 7, Luke 5:1-11; CCC 208
Thursday, February 14, Luke 6:17, 20-26; CCC 2444
Thursday, February 21, Luke 6:27-38; CCC 1669
Thursday, February 28, Luke 6:39-45; CCC 1458
Ash Wednesday - March 6
Feel free contact the office to check out some of our past study materials and videos:
- Eucharist: Sacred Meal, Sacrifice and Real Presence.
- David the King
- The Bible Timeline: The Story of Salvation
- Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible
- Matthew: The King and His Kingdom
- Woman of Grace: A Bible Study for Married Women
- Catholic Scripture Study International (CSSI): Paul's Letter to the Ephesians
- CSSI: Jesus Passion and the Story of Redemptive Suffering
- CSSI: The Gospel According to John
- A Biblical Walk Through the Mass
- CATHOLICISM Series by Fr. Robert Barron
- CATHOLICISM: The New Evangelization by Fr. Robert Barron
- ARISE: Together in Christ
- Why Catholic?