Matthew 4:4 “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”
The study of God’s word is very important to us. As Catholics we should never be afraid to read and study any book of the Bible, for it was the Catholic Church who compiled the very canon of Scripture, and only the Catholic Church can claim continuity of faith with the very same followers of God who wrote the books of the Bible. You are also welcome to be a part of one of our Scripture studies. For more information, please contact Norm Hayden.
Current Evening Study
Are you an intentional disciple of Jesus Christ? Is the Bible relevant in our lives today? How much time do we spend with Jesus? What is the Catechism of the Catholic Church? If you have questions about your Catholic faith, then show up and ask them.
This weekly, open group will meet from 6 to 7 PM on Thursdays, with an opportunity for adults and teenagers (with their parent/ guardian) to ask questions about their Catholic faith. We won't go into personal stories, but will start with the Gospel readings for the upcoming week and discuss topics on marriage, abortion, immigration, and anything else. We will meet in the St. John Bosco room inside the Parish Hall. All you need is your Bible and a Catechism of the Catholic Church, and we will run this program indefinitely. If you don't have a Bible/ Catechism, then we have one you can borrow.
Join us on the Thursdays below:
Thursday, May 2, John 21:1-19, CCC 645, 648
Thursday, May 9, John 10:27-30, CCC 590
Thursday, May 16, John 13:31-35, CCC 782, 1823
Thursday, May 23, John 14:23-29, CCC 2615
Thursday, May 30, Luke 24:46-53, CCC 627, 659
Our weekly Bible Study is taking a break for the summer, and will resume in August 2019.
Feel free contact the office to check out some of our past study materials and videos:
- No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ’s Passion
- Eucharist: Sacred Meal, Sacrifice and Real Presence.
- David the King
- The Bible Timeline: The Story of Salvation
- Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible
- Matthew: The King and His Kingdom
- Woman of Grace: A Bible Study for Married Women
- Catholic Scripture Study International (CSSI): Paul's Letter to the Ephesians
- CSSI: Jesus Passion and the Story of Redemptive Suffering
- CSSI: The Gospel According to John
- A Biblical Walk Through the Mass
- CATHOLICISM Series by Fr. Robert Barron
- CATHOLICISM: The New Evangelization by Fr. Robert Barron
- ARISE: Together in Christ
- Why Catholic?