The safety of our children is the responsibility of every Christian. Anyone aware of the abuse of a person under the age of eighteen is required by law to report this to the proper state authorities: local law enforcement (270-687-8888 / or 270-685-8444) or the Kentucky Child Abuse Hotline (toll-free: 1-877-KYSAFE1; 1-877-597-2331). To report to the diocese abuse by church personnel (paid or volunteer) either past or present, please call the Pastoral Assistance
Coordinator at this confidential phone line: 270-852-8380. The Diocese of Owensboro sexual abuse policy is available at this parish in the back of church, or in the parish office and also on the diocesan web site (https://owensborodiocese.org/safe).
All adult volunteers complete safe environment training and background checks. All children in our Faith Formation programs complete age appropriate safe environment training, unless otherwise indicated by a parent/ guardian.
Additional links regarding Safe Environment policies and reporting are below. Click on each link to download the form from the diocesan website.
- Youth Policy and Related Forms
- Incident Report
- Abuse Report
- Confidential Notice of Concern
- Revised Sexual Abuse Policy and Procedures
- Summary of the Revised Sexual Abuse Policy and Procedures
There are also the following documents from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops:
- Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People: Booklet Version | Full-Page Version
- Essential Norms for Diocesan/Eparchial Policies Dealing with Allegations of Sexual Abuse of Minors by Priests or Deacons
- Questions and Answers Regarding the Canonical Process for the Resolution of Allegations of Sexual Abuse of Minors by Priests and Deacons
For more information about how the Owensboro diocese is ensuring the safety of our children, see the “Safe Environment” page from the diocesan website.