“Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God” (Mt 4:4).
The study of God’s word is very important to us, and the studies we do periodically throughout the year are always our most highly attended events. As Catholics we should never be afraid to read and study any book of the Bible, for it was the Catholic Church who compiled the very canon of Scripture, and only the Catholic Church can claim continuity of faith with the very same followers of God who wrote the books of the Bible. You are also welcome to be a part of one of our Scripture studies. Please contact the parish office.
We have finished our current Bible Study.
The next Bible Study will be on David the King. Study materials will cost $24.95. Please contact the office to register and we will order the books. Make checks payable to Blessed Mother Church. This is a 7 week study, not in session for Ash Wednesday, February 14, 2017, with an additional snow day added if there is inclement weather. Details about the program can be found at http://david.wordonfire.org/
The sessions will be on Wednesdays, with a 10 AM or a 7 PM session, in the St. John Bosco Center (Youth Room). Choose the time that best fits your schedule. They run concurrently with each other, so if you can't make the morning session one week, you can attend the evening session instead.
January 17 - First Session
January 24 - 2nd Session
January 31 - 3rd Session
February 7 - 4th Session
February 14 - Ash Wednesday (no sessions) - See you at Mass
February 21 - 5th Session
February 28 - 6th Session
March 7 - 7th Session
March 14 - 8th Session (Optional)
March 21 - 9th Session (Optional - Snow Day)
Some studies we have completed in recent years include the following:
- The Bible Timeline: The Story of Salvation
- Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible
- Matthew: The King and His Kingdom
- Woman of Grace: A Bible Study for Married Women
- Catholic Scripture Study International (CSSI): Paul's Letter to the Ephesians
- CSSI: Jesus Passion and the Story of Redemptive Suffering
- CSSI: The Gospel According to John
- A Biblical Walk Through the Mass
- CATHOLICISM Series by Fr. Robert Barron
- CATHOLICISM: The New Evangelization by Fr. Robert Barron
- ARISE: Together in Christ
- Why Catholic?